Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms seem so harmless. Recent studies indicate that the early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing the complications of diabetes. Talk with your doctor if you have a family history of diabetes or are experiencing any of the symptoms listed here.
Type 1 Diabetes Symptoms May Include:
* Frequent urination
* Unusual thirst
* Extreme hunger
* Unusual weight loss
* Extreme fatigue and Irritability
Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms May Include:
* Any of the type 1 symptoms
* Frequent infections
* Blurred vision
* Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
* Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
* Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
*Please note that people with type 2 diabetes often have no symptoms.
Visit the American Diabetes Association for more information.